Natural environment teaching (NET) involves systematically arranging training so that generalization of skills is more likely to occur. In addition to teaching language and other related skills, NET can be used to promote generalization of skills taught using discrete trial training (DTT). This workshop is designed to provide participants with an overview of NET.
After completing this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Define the key elements of natural environment teaching (NET).
- State the differences between NET and discrete trial training (DTT).
- List and define the most common naturalistic teaching procedures.
- List advantages and limitations of NET.
- Discuss recommendations for practitioners.