Sorry, this training is over. Please check the SCHEDULE tab in our WORKSHOPS page for upcoming workshops.
Wednesday, January 13, 2016
Mini Workshop - PM Session
PM SESSION - 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Jersey City, NJ
HCCC Culinary Arts Institute
161 Newkirk Street
Workshop presented by Jennifer Fisahn, BCBA (read bio)
Registration fee: $25.00
Discrete Trial Training (DTT) has been demonstrated to be an effective method of treatment for children with autism and is also one of the most frequently implemented procedures used in an ABA program (Smith, 2001; Stahmer, Ingersoll, & Carter, 2003). DTT can be used to teach almost any skill set including language, social, vocational, cognitive, and imitation. The goal of DTT is to establish basic discriminations that can be generalized and expanded upon using other teaching procedures such as natural environment teaching (NET) (Tarbox & Najdowski, 2008). This workshop is designed to help prepare participants to provide DTT in the home or school setting. Specifically, participants will be able to:
- Utilize VB-MAPP profiles to select individualized, developmentally appropriate discrete trial targets.
- Implement research-based teaching procedures during DTT.
- Demonstrate errorless teaching procedures across the verbal operants.
- Determine and calculate an appropriate schedule of reinforcement for individual students.
- Organize student program binders and teaching materials
- Employ a variety of efficient and effective data collection methods for DTT.
- Implement appropriate behavior reduction procedure to manage off-task behavior.