Sorry, this training is over. Please check the SCHEDULE tab in our WORKSHOPS page for upcoming workshops.
Wednesday, February 24, 2016
Mini Workshop - AM Session
AM Session - 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
Jersey City, NJ
HCCC Culinary Arts Institute
161 Newkirk Street
Workshop presented by Jennifer Fisahn, BCBA (read bio)
Registration fee: $25.00
Natural environment teaching (NET) involves systematically arranging training so that generalization of skills is more likely to occur. In addition to teaching language and other related skills, NET can be used to promote generalization of skills taught using discrete trial training (DTT). This workshop is designed to provide participants with an overview of NET. Specifically, participants will be able to:
- Define the key elements of natural environment teaching (NET).
- State the differences between NET and discrete trial training (DTT).
- List and define the most common naturalistic teaching procedures.
- List advantages and limitations of NET.
- Discuss recommendations for practitioners.