Sorry, this training is over. Please check the SCHEDULE tab in our WORKSHOPS page for upcoming workshops.
Tuesday, April 26, 2016
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Children's Specialized Hospital
316 West Westfield Park
Workshop presented by Jennifer Fisahn, BCBA (read bio)
Registration is now OPEN
Many school-based programs for individuals with autism incorporate the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) to reduce inappropriate behaviors and replace them with adaptive responses. The same principles may be successfully applied in the home. Specifically, a variety of antecedent strategies may be utilized.
Participants will be provided with:
- The definition of functional behavior assessment and a list of the full range of procedures.
- An explanation of the form vs. function of behaviors.
- Antecedent strategies to increase cooperative behavior such as pairing with reinforcement, using reinforcement appropriately, and implementing effective prompting procedures.
- Guidelines for establishing an effective school, evening/weekend routine.
- Function-based behavior protocols that involve differential reinforcement and extinction.