Sorry, this training is over. Please check the SCHEDULE tab in our WORKSHOPS page for upcoming workshops.
Tuesday, October 03, 2017
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Rahway, NJ 07065
Rahway 7th and 8th Grade Academy - Room 104
1138 Kline Place
Workshop presented by Jennifer Fisahn, BCBA (read bio)
Registration fee: FREE
Children with autism MUST be properly assessed in order to obtain a baseline level of performance, provide a direction for intervention, and monitor progress. Using an inadequate assessment or no assessment at all can lead to the teaching of unnecessary skills and/or inappropriate skills. The Verbal Behavior Milestones Assessment and Placement Program (VB-MAPP; Sundberg, 2014) is a criterion-referenced assessment tool, curriculum guide, and skill-tracking system. It provides teachers and parents with an effective means of assessing the learning, language, and social skills of children with autism or other developmental disabilities. This workshop is designed to provide participants with an overview of the Verbal Behavior Milestones Assessment and Placement Program (VB-MAPP; Sundberg, 2014).
After completing this workshop, participants will be able to:
- State the differences between standardized tests and criterion-referenced assessments.
- Summarize the history of the VB-MAPP.
- State the purpose of the VB-MAPP.
- List the five components of the VB-MAPP
- Locate specific scoring forms, assessments, and other information in the VB-MAPP protocol and guide.